Our company has an opening for a Major Account Executive for the Oil & Gas segment in the Houston area.
The Major Account Executive is a consultative sales professional responsible for driving company's overall success with a focused set of customers on a Global basis.
His/her charge is to increase the net present value of our company's relationship with these customers by influence and or driving near-term revenue, positioning us for larger wins in the future.
The Major Account Executive is expected to develop and sustain relationships at the "C" and "D" Level at the customer and with centralized engineering, operations and purchasing executives.
The MAE must have expert knowledge of the industry, technology, opportunities, problems, business drivers and competitors for each assigned customer.
He/she is responsible for carrying our company's complete message and for establishing us as the premiere resource at the customer.
He/she is expected to represent all of our products and services and to position us in an advantaged position for opportunities, lifecycle services, capital projects and MRO purchases.
The Major Account Executive sets the strategy for how we will grow our business with the assigned accounts, and he/she leverages internal resources within the business to pursue and capture qualified opportunities.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Develop and maintain account profile and sales plan for each target account across company, specifying total opportunity at the account, areas where we have the greatest likelihood of success, key decision makers, competitors, likely buying factors, recommended actions, and status of priority initiatives.
- Establish relationships with C-level executives and central decision makers within each account. Achieve a position as a broad-based trusted "power adviser" to key decision makers within the account.
- Build "account team" of sales and divisional resources required to pursue key decision makers and qualified opportunities in the target accounts. Some of these assignments may be permanent (e.g. lead company resource at a plant with some decision autonomy) and some may be opportunity-specific. The Major Account Executive will be responsible for coaching and "virtually managing" resources for capturing business across the account.
- Introduce company's full set of capabilities to the account and continually refresh the customers' understanding of what we can do to help their business.
- This activity requires the Major Account Executive to be expert at conducting business level needs analysis and fully understanding the business drivers of each decision maker.
- The MAE has to be comfortable personally presenting our current and potential future value propositions to senior management and packaging/positioning what we have to offer in a way that will be perceived as differentiated. The MAE has to be capable of arming other members of the account team with the tools they need to carry the message to regional/secondary decision makers.
- Engage the customer in new product/service development initiatives. The MAE needs to take the lead in developing and proposing new product development and value proposition activities that fit the customer's unique needs.
- Conduct annual relationship reviews with target customers, demonstrating how we have added value to their operations and how we plan to expand our value added in the future.
- Lead company's overall growth in the targeted segment for the accounts The Major Account Executive should be a source of insight into industry trends, customer needs, and competitor behavior in the regions. He/she should support other Major Account Executives who are in similar assignments and should be able to provide source material for value proposition case studies.
Job Qualifications/Educational Requirements:
- BS degree in related field
- Commercial/Financial Savvy (ideally with an MBA or some finance coursework)
- Understanding of our complete range of products and services
- 7 - 10 years of related experience in sales and business development
- Demonstrated ability to relate to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and coordinate others. MAE's must be excellent team leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to identify trends and technology and translate them into customer value propositions
- Demonstrated skill in listing to customer issues and relaying VOC back to the organization
- Initiative and self-management skills
- Value selling training
- Presentation skills